Wednesday, September 2, 2009

6 Month "Anniversary" Of. . .

Today I am "celebrating" 6 months of no 'poo (shampoo that is). Six months ago I happened upon some blogs about people who had stopped using shampoo for various reasons - I thought "what the heck", and decided to give it a try for myself. I didn't really have a big reason for giving it up, just thought it would be interesting to try. Here is my "journal" from the first two days:

Day one of no 'poo: (march 4th)
I showered about an hour ago, and it is really nice because so far my head feels the same as if I had shampooed – it is not itchy, and itchiness is something I really have had a problem with if I ever tried to shampooing before. My hair is still wet, so I don't know if it is oily or clean.

Six hours after shampooing, my hair feels the same as it normally would – if not a touch drier than normal. No dramatic change.

Day two of no 'poo:
I awoke with nice clean hair. After showering my hair is clean and dry. The same if not cleaner and drier than normal – I am really surprised that my hair is not oily.

I started out by using baking soda (mixed with a little water) to clean my hair and vinegar to condition it - that worked pretty good, but I started getting lazy with it, and now I just use water... using baking soda only if I feel like it. (And no, the vinegar did not leave any scent in my hair.)

I've been enjoying my clean, pure, chemical-free hair. One of the things that I love about my hair now is that it has no scent of it's own - sometimes after spending a day outdoors I will find that my hair smells amazingly fresh air like.


Peace,

Haddy

2 comments:

  1. Interesting...I have read a couple bogs about this too but didn't have th guts to do it, yet! :) Nice to know that it's not too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I could, I love shampoo, hehe. But interesting idea. I've been using baking soda before I brush with toothpaste lately, because it makes my teeth cleaner & whiter.

    ReplyDelete