Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Why I'm Going to DC

Freedom... that is why I am going to Washington DC (well, that, and taxes). My brother and I are flying to Washington DC on Friday so that we can participate in the Tea Party and March that is happening at our Nation's capital. This will be the third "Tea" Party that I have attended and I am excited to be going to one so large and so important.

What is a "Tea" Party? Tea stands for Taxed Enough Already - and of course, the name is also drawn from the name of the great Boston Tea Party. "Tea" Parties are protests against higher taxes and less representation.

What else are we protesting? A biggie is Obamacare (President Obama's big national healthcare plan). Another is tax payer coverage of abortions. And also, of course, the big bail outs our country has been giving.

Why do I care about these issues? My main reason is because I want to be free! I want future generations to be free. I want immigrants to have a chance at freedom here in America. And freedom is not going to come from the government having more control of our money (and of our lives).

Wow, that was a long lecture I just gave, haha. In ending, here are some quotes I've found that speak of freedom and taxes:

The best things in life are free, but sooner or later the government will find a way to tax them. ~Author Unknown

We must care for each other more, and tax each other less. ~Bill Archer

America is a land of taxation that was founded to avoid taxation. ~Laurence J. Peter

Freedom is never free. ~Author Unknown

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. ~Abraham Lincoln


Peace,

Haddy

Oh, by the way, not only is Friday my first time flying, but if you didn't notice it's also September 11th and I am flying to Washington DC . . .

1 comment:

  1. I pray for a safe and great trip for you. Thank You for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete