Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My ( a little bit) Natural Life

As I have mentioned here before, I have been without shampoo for over 7 months now, I have never told what else I have been doing a little more naturally.

1. Well, of course this kind of goes along with going without shampoo, but I have also been without hair spray, dye, etc., the only things that have been in my hair (purposefully anyway) in the last seven months have been baking soda and vinegar - and rosemary once or twice and those elderberries one time, but that's another tale all together. :)

2. I'm not sure exactly when it was, but at least three or four months ago, I switched to natural deodorant - and I am sure you wanted to know what kind of deodorant I use, haha. I use Tom's of Maine deodorant and it has pretty much worked great for me, the weird thing is that it is a deodorant and not an antiperspirant and I don't sweat much when using it. I switched my deodorant because aluminum supposedly causes Alzheimer's among other things.

3. I use a natural face wash, and have for a couple of months now. I switched to this because I care so much about the skin on my face and it is so delicate.

4. I just recently switched to a natural facial lotion as well, for the same reasons as the above.

5. I have a few random make up items that are natural, but I have never switched to completely natural make up because I love some of the make up that I use now too much and because I'm not to sure using chemicals on my eyelashes, etc, is really going to hurt anything.

I have used natural body lotion - and I really liked the Jergens' Natural line - but right now I just needed some lotion and we had a (unnatural) bottle that we had gotten cheap or free and so I am using that.

I was the first one in my family to care about using natural products, but one of my older brothers has started to "follow in my footsteps" a bit now. :)

All of this being said, I am not a "Natural Snob" and I don't eat a lot of organic food. I'm just trying to change where it easiest or where the chemicals are the strongest.

One more thing, I have been without nail polish for over four months now - nail polish is something that, I believe, could have a really strong impact on your health, how could it not? I've seen some natural nail polishes online, but don't really feel like spending that much on nail polish... one day, maybe.

3 comments:

  1. That's neat you're going with all those natural items. Does it get expensive?

    Yes, the fried reeses were so good! I loved them! There are so many fried foods at the Texas state fair...pretty much what we're known for. This year the big hit was fried butter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother uses alot of tom of maine products, he has allergies. I've been using baking soda alot before I brush with toothpaste. And I use one of the natural jergens lotions. I don't think I could use all natural makeup either though, I love MAC too much and Max Factor. Burt's Bees has some awesome all natural products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to read this post. I am definitley going ot have my daughters read it. You go girl and continue setting that example!

    ReplyDelete