Thursday, November 19, 2009

Burning Out Bright

So, I've been at a loss as to what to write about lately, but I got some inspiration today when I was looking at my favorite quotes on my Facebook profile. I'm going to write a post related to each of my favorite quotes and have them ready to post on here whenever I don't know what to write.

"If we've only got one try
If we've only got one life
If time was never on our side
Before I die I want to burn out bright"

That quote is from the song "Burn Out Bright" by Switchfoot.

We do only have one life (besides Heaven, you know), what we are living through here and now is our only try at life here on earth. And this life (this one life) could end at any moment, are you, am I, going to burn out bright? Or will you die quietly and unrecognized by the world. Will the world notice when you die? Will you be missed?

Something that I am thankful for today, is the chance to go to a great (well, hopefully great, anyway) concert this weekend with most of my brothers and sisters and my BIL.

1 comment:

  1. Oh cool ~~ what concert are you going to see?!!

    Switchfoot, I need to get my CD out and listen to them again, its been awhile.

    Hopefully I burn bright until Jesus takes me home.

    Have a Blessed evening,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete