Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Life's Never Simple...

... And I am finally learning that. You see, when the average friend or distant relative is expecting you hear about it, and then you hear from them again when the little perfect baby is born and you get a picture of this complication free child. But when people who you love and who you are close to are expecting, you live through all of their trials and their ups and downs right along with them. The trials are what I've been getting an up close view of recently, starting with my oldest sister about 3 weeks ago.

My sister (who is expecting her first) and her husband both got coughs and then fevers, and we were all thinking that it was the dreaded H1N1. My sister's fever got pretty high, and so the doctor recommended some medicine for her, and sent in her blood work to test for H1N1, two days later the doctor told my sister that she shouldn't be taking the medicine after all, and my sister's tests ended up coming back negative. Now I am hearing lots of people say that pregnant women should not take the medicine that my sister took (she ended up only taking two doses.) Anyway, all worked out for her (as far as we know), she got better (except for a bit of a lingering cough) and had an ultrasound today which revealed a healthy moving baby. :)

A week and a half ago my sister-in-law (who is also expecting her first and who had trouble conceiving) started "spotting" and that worried her and my brother, and the doctors a bit, too. The doctors told my sister-in-law that there was a one in three chances that this was a sign up a coming miscarriage. They got an ultrasound and the baby appeared healthy, and the doctor now says there is a one in fifteen chance of miscarriage for them (I don't know medical things, so I don't really know how they would think this.) And now today I found out that my sister-in-law has a fever!

Also, today, I found out that my cousin (who is one of the closest of my cousins) who is expecting her second had an ultrasound today that revealed a problem with something related to the umbilical cord that could end up causing some kind of birth defect.

I am so thankful that I can trust God with all of these babies, and yet I worry, what if God decides that it is time for one of these little ones to go home before we even get the chance to meet them? God does that sometimes, I know (I lost a little brother or sister to miscarriage.) I know that I shouldn't worry, but I am a natural worrier. So, would you please pray for these precious babies for me? Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for these precious little ones and for you dear one.

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for visiting with me over at my blog. I look forward to getting to know you.

    Have a Blessed and Beautiful day,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete