Thursday, December 3, 2009

America and Money and Babysitting

Wow, that was quite a bit of a break that I took from posting - I was gone babysitting for my cousin's little girl since Sunday and did not really have internet handy. :) BTW, the babysitting went great, the little girl (sad to stop calling her a baby, but she is going to be a big sister in a few months) who I was watching is an amazing kid, smiling and laughing and playing around all day long - and it was nice to hang out with my cousin some, too. I was watching little L while my cousin was working (she is a teacher, so about 8 or 9 hours each day) on Monday through part of the day today, since her husband was in the hospital being "observed" by doctors because of some unexplained health problems. Please keep this family in your prayers, I don't know if I mentioned this before, but the unborn baby in this family may have health problems as well.

Here is yet another Facebook quotes post, these posts all started here:

"Maybe we've been caught singing, red, white, blue, and green, but that ain't my American dream..."

This is from Switchfoot's song American Dream. A lot of Americans are caught up in money, and in what they have and don't have, in this economy maybe even more so than before. But America is about so much more than money, life is about so much more than money. My American dream is life and freedom for all, what's yours?

1 comment:

  1. HaddasahRose, It sounds like you had a lovely time baby sitting and was a great help and encouragement to your cousins who are going through a very difficult time.

    Blessings to you sweet one,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete