Monday, January 25, 2010

Judgement (of a different kind)

So, in church yesterday my pastor pretty much started off the service by saying that the hurricane in Haiti was God's judgment on the people who lived there because of their beliefs. I know my pastor wasn't alone in thinking that, because my Google search of the topic came up with very many results. But...

I, personally, do not believe that God judges in ways like that... what I mean is that I think that we will all be judged (individually) at the end of time (or the end of our lives), but I don't think that He judges us here on earth (hurting so many of the innocent) today. If God judges countries with natural disasters for bad things that they do, than where is America's earthquake? Where's China's? Or Cuba's? I believe that things like Haiti's earthquake happen because this world is not perfect, they are a natural part of life.

What do you think? Was the earthquake in Haiti God's judgment or was it just a natural disaster? (Or was it caused by global warming, haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment