Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Verse To Share

So, I found an old notebook where I had written down the references to some Bible verses that must have some importance to me, but I haven't looked any of them up yet... so I thought why not look one up, write a post about it, and share with all. So I am off to get my notebook (which I am currently using to write a fiction story in) be right back... :)

... I am back and am now heading to Biblegateway.com to check out the first verse.

Isaiah 8:13
The LORD Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy,
He is the one you are to fear,
He is the one you are to dread.

I think that this verse is significant to me because I am a worrier, and I get scared easily. To me this verse is saying you don't have to fear anyone but God - maybe not what the verse really is "supposed" to mean, but that is what it means to me. :)

1 comment:

  1. HI Haddy,
    Sorry I haven't been by in a while. This is such a neat verse. I love that first line, to regard the LORD Almighty as holy. That keeps it real doesn't it. In our media driven culture others in celebrity-dom would like us to revere them, but that only belongs to God alone.

    Thanks for this post.

    Have a Blessed day friend,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete