Saturday, November 6, 2010

I wouldn't...

...make a good Catholic.

And this I learned attending my Grandma's Catholic funeral service today. From the moment I entered the church I was bugged by the smell - only to start to feel completely nauseous from the incense later in the service.

All that sitting and standing... well I must admit one of the times I accidentally knocked down the thing that is on the back of the next pew that is there for kneeling on or something. Oops!

All those signs and signals and hand movements by the priests... they got me all distracted and thinking about a baseball game or something.

Okay, I admit, I am trying to make light of a serious situation, so I will leave you with my favorite part of the whole day... and this actually happened to be something that the Catholic priest said...

"Her life has changed, not ended." What a blessing it is to know that that is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment