Monday, November 15, 2010

Review of Angel in the Waters

Angel in the Waters

Written by: Regina Doman
Illustrated by: Ben Hatke
Published by: Sophia Institute Press

This book shares the story of a baby in his/her mother’s womb. The baby is accompanied by an angel who is there with the baby answering questions and offering comfort. This book is published by a Catholic publishing company, and I am not Catholic, but I found the book appropriate and beautiful to me just the same.

I chose to review this book simply because I love children’s books, but a couple of days before I received this book I found out that my sister is expecting my third niece or nephew, now this book suddenly has much more meaning for me!

Who the book is for:

This book is nice for babies and toddlers and young children, this would especially be nice for those who are about to become older siblings for the first time. This book would also make a great gift for parents who are expecting.

What I liked:

I think that the story is beautiful. The pictures are cute. This book is simple, and yet long enough to be a good read.

This book is written in first person and therefore does not ever share a certain gender that the baby is supposed to be, therefore this book can be shared with baby boys or girls.

What I didn’t like:

I don’t especially like the binding of this book, but that is a small problem. While I prefer board books for little ones, paperback books have their place as well.

I will admit I thought I was going to like the fact that an angel is so involved in the story, but I actually found that adds to the beauty of the story.

My conclusion:

This is a beautiful book that is very special to me. I will either cherish this book myself or pass it along to my sister to cherish in this special time in her life.

I received this book free to review from Sophia Institute Press. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255,

No comments:

Post a Comment