Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Review of Don't Waste the Pain

Don’t Waste the Pain

Written by: David Lyons and Linda Lyons Richardson
Published by: NavPress

Wow! That is all I can say after finishing this book, and I will explain that in a moment.

I choose this book to read and review because it sounded like a biography and I love any kind of biographies, and it indeed was sort of a biography, but not so much as I thought it would be. This book is an inspirational book, filled with journal clips and thoughts from two people, siblings, living through their own type of pain.

Who the book is for:

Anyone going through a hard time right now. Anyone affected by cancer in any way. Anyone who wants to learn to be grateful. Anyone who needs to see hope. Anyone.

What I liked:

I loved how this book encouraged me to look beyond myself. I love how this book showed me how my pain is nothing compared to the authors of this book, and yet they are much more grateful and hopeful and joyful than I have ever been. David and Linda inspired me so much! I pray that this book will change me!

I also appreciated the fact that this book was written “in the moment” as David and Linda were living through their pain they took the time to share all that they were going through. This kept the book feeling real.

What I didn’t like:

I found the chapters a bit long, which is something that always bugs me, but that was not a big problem.

My conclusion:

I loved this book! Need I say anything more?

I received this book free to review from NavPress. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment