Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Review of Precious Moments Storybook Bible

Precious Moments Storybook Bible

Published by: Tommy Nelson

I chose to read this book because I love reading children’s books and I like giving them as gifts (and I got it free to review!) J

I tested this book out with the help of my sister and my little nephew.

Who the book is for:

This book is written in a way that is very similar to the real Bible, so it is sort of written for all ages. Babies and toddlers aren’t necessarily going to understand it (and probably won’t for much of it), but do they understand anything that they read? ;)

What I liked:

This book contains Bible stories that are less traditional - the golden calf, the beatitudes, Psalms and Proverbs, 1 Corinthians 13, etc..

Each story has the reference of where it is found in the Bible.

I liked the fact that this book was written very true to the Bible. This was also what my sister seemed to like the most.

The pictures are absolutely adorable! I loved looking through this book just to see them all.

What I didn’t like:

The stories are grouped into sections which seems okay, but it would be easier to find stories you are looking for if they were in the order that they are in the Bible.

Also:

This book has a dedication page, a family tree page, and some other pages to fill in information about the child’s life.

My conclusion:

This is an excellent Bible Story book for children! So cute! I love it!

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255,

No comments:

Post a Comment