Sunday, December 5, 2010

Review of A Time to Dance

A Time to Dance

Written by: Karen Kingsbury
Published by: Thomas Nelson

I’ve been a fan of Karen Kingsbury for a long time. She is one of my favorite Christian fiction writers. Her books always cause me to feel multiple emotions and always have great stories. I had read this book once a few years ago, but read it again now in order to review it, and I didn’t remember hardly any of it!

This book is the story of a couple Abby and John. Their marriage has fallen apart, but just when they are about to give their children that news their daughter announces that she is engaged to be married herself. Throughout the book multiple people comment about what a great marriage Abby and John have without ever really knowing the truth.

Who the book is for:

Any lovers of Christian contemporary fiction. This book may also be a good read for those who are going through a hard time in their marriage.

What I liked:

The story is about a family - there are not that many books out there (that I have found) that aren’t just about a guy and girl who meet and fall in love.

There are lots of good truths and good information in this book.

What I didn’t like:

This book is just a bit boring and took me awhile to read it, not major, though… it’s still a good read.

My conclusion:

I recommend this book. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Booksneeze, a review program of Thomas Nelson. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment