Monday, January 17, 2011

My Review of God Gave Us the World

God Gave Us the World

Written by: Lisa Tawn Bergren
Illustrated by: Laura J. Bryant
Published by: WaterBrook Press

I love to read new children’s books, especially now that I am an auntie!

In this story a little bear questions his mommy about the world, about other bears and why they live they way that they do. The mommy shares similarities and differences between the bears and shares how God made them all and the world that they all live on.

Who the book is for:

The back of this book says it is for ages 3 - 8, and I would say that is pretty appropriate, though a baby may listen to it as well.

What I liked:

I think it is great to show that though everyone (bear or human) is different from everyone else we are all made and loved by God.

The illustrations are cute.

What I didn’t like:

The story is kind of choppily put together.

This story is not fun to read.

My conclusion:

This is an okay book and I will probably give it to either my niece or my nephew, just because I own it now, but I would not buy this specially for anyone - there are better books out there.

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from WaterBrook Press. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment