Thursday, January 27, 2011

Read and Share Stories about Jesus

Read and Share Stories about Jesus

Written by: Gwen Ellis
Illustrated by: Steve Smallman
Published by: Tommy Nelson

I choose to review this book through the BookSneeze program because I thought that it would make a great gift. I was a little disappointed.

Who the book is for:

This is the first problem with this book. This is a board book, so I would think it would be for babies and that the stories would be simple and baby-ish, but they are not. They even include questions such as, “Have you been baptized?” It seems this book is more appropriate for four or five year olds.

What I liked:

The pictures are kind of cute.

I like the fact that the stories list the Bible reference for each one.

What I didn’t like:

The book is poorly made the edges were a bit ragged, the edge after I read it.

The stories were written too grown up for the intended audience.

My conclusion:

This is an okay book, but I don’t really recommend it, buy a better one!

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255,

No comments:

Post a Comment