Thursday, January 13, 2011

Review of Coming Back Stronger

Coming Back Stronger: A Memoir

Written by: Drew Brees with Chris Fabry
Published by: Tyndale House

I enjoy auto-biographies. I am not a big football fan, and if I were prior to reading this book, I wouldn’t have chosen the Saints as “my team”, but Drew Brees causes his readers to catch the excitement that surrounds the Saints.

Drew Brees, like the Saints, has come through a lot to get to the place he is at today, and he shares some of those struggles throughout this book.

Who the book is for:

Football lovers. Auto-biography lovers. Saints lovers.

What I liked:

This book is fairly easy to read and fairly interesting as well.

Drew is not afraid to speak of his faith.

I really like how Drew opened up to me (and all readers) and shared about his relationship with his mother and her death and the whole situation surrounding that part of his life.

What I didn’t like:

There was a bit too much “football talk” in this book, such as play by plays of games that Drew has played… but then again, I am not much of a football fan in the first place.

I disagree with Drew’s choice to control when and if he and his wife have children, rather than leaving that choice up to God. I hope that through his love for Baylen (his son) he will see that children truly are a blessing to embrace whenever they come into our lives. I found it awkward at best that he even shared this about his and Brittany’s choices leading up to starting a family.

My conclusion:

This is a decent book, and somewhat enjoyable to read. If you are a fan of Drew Brees than I am sure you will love it. Regardless, because I disagree with Drew on a big part of this book I will only be giving it a 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Tyndale House Publishers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment