Monday, February 7, 2011

The Dragon and the Turtle Go On Safari




The Dragon and the Turtle Go On Safari

Written by: Donita K. Paul and Evangeline Denmark
Illustrated by: Vincent Nguyen
Published by: WaterBrook Press

I chose to review this book because I love kids’ books, I admit, I wasn’t planning on liking it.

This is the story of a dragon and a turtle who are camping out in a jungle. When they head in to bed they start to feel scared. They learn to be brave and end up staying out all night as planned.

Who the book is for:

My guess would be 4 and 5 year old children.

What I liked:

The pictures are nice.

The message, not to be scared, is perfect for the age group that I found this book appropriate for.

The book includes a discussion page for parents.

What I didn’t like:

The story is kind of scattered and is hard to follow.

The “accent” or “language” of the animals would probably confuse children and I don’t know what the point was behind writing it the way it was written.

My conclusion:

This is a book unlike any that I have ever read, but I don’t know if that is a good thing. I don’t know that children would enjoy this book. I will give this book 3 stars because of the positive message, and because of the pictures.

I received this book free to review from WaterBrook. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment