Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Review of The Chase

The Chase
Pursuing Holiness in Your Everyday Life

Written by: Jerry Bridges, with Jay and Jen Howver
Published by: Th1nk Books, an imprint of NavPress

As Christians we all long to be holy, or at least we should, but what is holiness? And how can we achieve it? Or can we even truly achieve? This book answers those questions and more.

Who the book is for:

The Chase is supposed to be for teens, but it is appropriate for adults as well.

What I liked:

There is much truth in this book that will help to lead us to a holier life.

The chapters are very short, which is always a plus with me.

The book is small and light, yet packed with a bunch of information.

What I didn’t like:

The book should have been proofread (or is the font supposed to look that way?) There are many times where one word or letter would run into the next, and spots where there are spaces where there shouldn’t be spaces.

I didn’t like the version of the Bible that they chose to use when quoting it, I think that they could have used a “deeper”, less simplified version, rather than the Message, since they were explaining the verses themselves, anyway.

My conclusion:

This is a good book calling us to a holier life. I give The Chase four out of five stars.

I received this book free to review from NavPress. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment