Friday, February 18, 2011

My Review of God Made the Sun to Shine

God Made the Sun to Shine

Written by: Doris J. Madkins
Published by: Dorrance Publishing Company

I love to read kid's books, and I was excited to find a new publishing company to review books for that publishes books for children.

I chose to read this book in particular because the story sounded interesting. This book is about a little girl who is left alone a lot and who is mother-less. That's pretty much the story.

Who the book is for:

Umm... I honestly don't know... it's sort of written for older children, but it is about a three year old girl... it also might be too grown up for beginning readers to read on their own... maybe it could be read to children from like four to six?

What I liked:

The cover is kind of cute.

What I didn't like:

The story is strange and not much of a story at all.

The pictures in the inside of the book are just outlined in black, no color.

The book itself is really thin and flimsy.

My conclusion:

I am happy to have gotten this book for free, and I look forward to getting more from this company, but I can't really recommend this book.

I give God Made the Sun to Shine two out of five stars.

I received a complimentary copy of God Made the Sun to Shine as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team. Visit dorrancebookstore.com to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment