Monday, February 28, 2011

My Review of Regret Free Parenting

Regret Free Parenting

Written by: Catherine Hickem, LCSW
Published by: Thomas Nelson

I am not a parent, but I am obsessed with the parent/child relationship, and I also love to learn all I can about how to interact with children. I am an auntie and I plan to one day be an amazing mom. I was excited to read this book because it was not focused on just one aspect of parenting, such as discipline, but was about parenting as a whole.

Who the book is for:

Moms, specifically, though dads could read it too. Random people like me who enjoy reading parenting books.

What I liked:

This is a very positive book about raising children in a positive way.

I love how Catherine says that a parent needs to first show their child respect before expecting respect from their child, seems most parenting experts think it is the opposite.

This book is easy and enjoyable to read, as it is filled with multiple interesting real life stories.

This book encourages being the best mom you can be, and including God in your parenting.

What I didn’t like:

There is really nothing I didn’t like, other than one of the books listed in the recommended books section in the back of the book being a book that I don’t like and disagree with.

My conclusion:

This is a very good book, though I originally planned on passing it on to my sister who is a mother, I want to hold onto it until I am a mother and I think I will just let her borrow it.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review "Regret Free Parenting". I'm humbled that it spoke to you and I hope it will continue to speak to your family as you continue your parenting journey. Looking forward to helping you to help raise your kids!

    Always,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete