Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Review of Becoming a Woman of Influence

Becoming a Woman of Influence

Written by: Carol Kent
Published by: NavPress

This book is about being a mentor to those around you and about leading others in faith. This book is not only for those who want to formally mentor, I found a lot of it applied to me as well.

Who the book is for:

Women, obviously, who want to lead others by example, by being there for them, etc..

What I liked:

This book read easily and was interesting.

Carol Kent included a lot of real life stories that went along with what she was teaching.

What I didn’t like:

It seemed unprofessional, and a bit weird, that Carol Kent used a very contemporary version of the Bible whenever she referenced verses… since she was giving an explanation of what the verse means, I felt it would have made more sense for her to include a “deeper” and less self explanatory version, if that makes any sense.

My conclusion:

This is a good book, great for women who want to influence others. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from NavPress. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment