Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Review of The Lost Little Fish

The Lost Little Fish

Written by: Allan J. Hayward
Cover Design by: Rick Rieger
Published by: Dorrance Publishing Co., Inc

The cover of this book looks so fun to me! When I received it in the mail I was excited, hoping it would be something that I could give to my nephew… the inside of the book did not live up to the cover.

The story:

A fish gets washed ashore and doesn’t know what to do. He walks around on his tail fins and gets laughed at. Finally a dog leads him to a pond where he finds out that he belongs in water.

The illustrations:

The cover is great, the inside of the book is only illustrated with gray pencil-like drawings. Let me be clear, there is no color whatsoever in the inside of this book.

How strong is the book?

This is a paperback book which seems relatively well made.

Who the book is for:

Children aged 3 - 5 might find it funny and enjoy it.

What I liked:

The story could be funny to a child.

The cover is good.

What I didn’t like:

The story is kind of strange.

The inside does not contain any colored pictures.

My conclusion:

I give this book 2 out of 5 stars, if it had pictures in the inside to match the cover I would change that to 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Dorrance Publishing Co, Inc.. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment