Friday, April 22, 2011

My Review of Another Dawn

Another Dawn

Written by: Kathryn Cushman
Published by: Bethany House

Another Dawn is the story of Grace Graham and her son Dylan. Grace has always blamed her father for her mother’s death and that has strained her relationship with him, now her father is in need of her help and Grace must take her son and go stay with him as he recovers from surgery. While visiting her father Grace’s son gets sick and soon the who town is affected and upset with Grace, how can Grace make everything turn out fine again?

Who the book is for:

This is good fiction reading for any adults, in particular women. I also think that you will enjoy it more if you are in support of vaccinating children, rather than if you are not.

What I liked:

The story is interesting and kept my attention.

The story is emotional and really drew me in.

There is a message of forgiveness woven into this book.

What I didn’t like:

The focus on vaccinations and that whole debate was at times a little boring.

I really didn’t like how Grace’s father’s choice to smoke - which ended up leading to his wife dying of cancer - was compared to Grace’s choice not to vaccinate her son - which ends up possibly harming all those around him… Grace’s choice was for the protection of her son, not knowing that it was going to affect others, while her father’s choice was only for his own enjoyment and everyone knows that second hand smoke can harm and kill people.

My conclusion:

I must say that this is perhaps the most unique fiction book that I have ever read, the first book that was completely focused on a single issue such as vaccinations. Despite that fact, I enjoyed this book a great deal.

I give Another Dawn 4 out of 5 stars, and I recommend it.

(Although I enjoyed this book I don’t necessarily agree with all of the pros and cons in it regarding vaccinations, and I suggest that you do your own research and soul searching rather than being persuaded by a fiction book.)

I received Another Dawn free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment