Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Review of God Gave Us Two

God Gave Us Two

Written by: Lisa Tawn Bergren
Illustrated by: Laura J. Bryant
Published by: WaterBrook Press

My nephew is about to become a big brother, when the baby comes he will be the old age of 15 months. J I know that he doesn’t really understand what is going on and he doesn’t realize that the baby is coming, but he will face many changes once the baby is born. I thought this book was a perfect gift to get for him!

The story:

If you’ve read any of the other “God Gave Us…” books, you already know the bear family that is in them. This family consists of a mom, dad, and little girl cub, and is now going to be extended because the mama is expecting. The little girl cub worries that after the baby is born things will change and her parents won’t love her as much anymore, but her parents repeatedly remind her “God Gave Us You and now God Gave Us Two.”

The illustrations:

Are cute and well done. I love the cover picture of the pregnant mama polar bear.

How strong is the book?

This is a hardcover book that seems to be relatively strong, but my nephew hasn’t started chewing on it yet, so who knows.

Who the book is for:

Children who are about to become first time big siblings, I would think it could be applicable up until about 8 or 9 years old.

What I liked:

The story is precious, this is by far my favorite of the “God Gave Us…” books.

The illustrations are cute.

The idea is great, and I am excited to give this book to my nephew and his parents.

What I didn’t like:

Nothing.

My conclusion:

This is a great book and I highly recommend it.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars!

I received this book free to review from Blogging For Books (Waterbrook Press). The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment