Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Review of God Gave Us You

God Gave Us You

Written by: Lisa Tawn Bergren
Illustrated by: Laura J. Bryant
Published by: WaterBrook Press

I am excited to give God Gave Us You along with God Gave Us Two to my little nephew for Easter, because they are both special, sentimental, books.

The story:

The story starts with the little bear asking the always scary question to parents, “where did I come from?” After that the book is filled with the mama bear answering his question in a beautiful child friendly way, telling of how God gave the little bear to his mommy and daddy, and how excited her and his daddy were for his arrival.

Note, I just realized I have been calling the little bear a “he”, but in actuality the book calls her a “she”.

The illustrations:

Are cute scenes of the bear family.

Pictures of polar bear angels were a little strange to me… but to each his own, I guess.

How strong is the book?

This is a hardcover book that is relatively strong, but my nephew hasn’t gotten hold of it yet.

Who the book is for:

This would make a great gift for a new baby, or for a baby shower. This book is also good for reading to children once they are old enough to start asking a lot of questions.

What I liked:

God Gave Us You is a sweet story of parental love.

What I didn’t like:

As I stated above, personally I didn’t like the polar bear angels.

My conclusion:

This is an excellent book and will make a great gift. I give God Gave Us You 5 out of 5 stars!

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books, opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment