Monday, April 18, 2011

My Review of Max on Life

Max on Life

Written by: Max Lucado
Published by: Thomas Nelson

I read a lot of Max Lucado books in my teen years, and one in the past year or so, and he has always been someone who can write books that I both enjoy reading and learn from. I thought that this book would be extra interesting in that it deals with all kinds of issues and problems that way face in our lives.

Who the book is for:

Christians, fans of Max Lucado, adults and teens.

What I liked:

I really appreciated Max’s thoughts on forgiveness, as that is something that I struggle with.

Max on Life answers a lot of questions that I have always wanted answers to, and gives me a different perspective to consider on some subjects that I have my own beliefs about.

This book is packed!

What I didn’t like:

I didn’t expect this book to touch on the issue of abortion, yet it did, and I was surprised at what was said. After much talk about how tough it is for those who are facing an unwanted pregnancy, almost sounding like their abortions can be justified, Max states that he believes that “other than cases where abortion saves the life of the mother” we are to “protect the child”. I wish he hadn’t touched on this subject or had left that part out, I could debate with him or anyone who believes in any type of abortion for hours on end, and I could debate with him on other parts of this, but this is a book review not a debate, so I won’t let myself go off any longer.

Often in the book Max seems to just make up an answer without giving any Biblical support to what he has to say.

My conclusion:

Max on Life is a decent book. I would not give it to someone who isn’t a strong Christian, but I do plan on, possibly, giving it to my brother-in-law who is a big fan of Max Lucado.

I would give Max on Life 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Book Sneeze (Thomas Nelson.) The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment