Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Review of Vanished

Vanished

Written by: Kristi Holl
Published by: ZonderKidz

I used to enjoy mystery books when I was a kid, and so I read this kid’s mystery book now as an adult.

Vanished is the story of twelve year old Jeri McKane who attends a all girl boarding school. One of her friends goes missing, along with a van full of other girls from the school, and Jeri sets out to find what happened.

Who the book is for:

I am assuming that the recommend age for this book is probably 8 - 12, but I think the content is a little too dark and heavy and - dare I say - scary for 8 and 9 year old children. I would recommend this book for girls 10 - 13.

What I liked:

The story is interesting, even for an adult. It contains many twists and turns and kept me guessing until the end.

What I didn’t like:

Reading kid’s mystery books as an adult now I sort of fear the message that they send, Jeri is fearless and does things that could (in real life) end up causing her to get hurt or killed… not necessarily something that you would want your child following.

My conclusion:

Vanished is all-in-all a pretty decent book, as long as it is read by mature children I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Zondervan/ZonderKidz. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment