Monday, May 16, 2011

My Review of The Chocolate Diaries

The Chocolate Diaries

Written by: Karen Scalf Linamen
Published by: WaterBrook Press

I choose to read The Chocolate Diaries actually expecting it to be like the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, in a way I guess it could be compared to those books, but I found I preferred it.

This is a book of encouragement for when we face every day difficulties and even big struggles on this journey called life.

Who the book is for:

Woman, specifically Christian women, who are facing any kind of struggles and could use a bit of encouragement. I think this book, along with some chocolate, would make a great gift for someone you know who is facing hard times.

What I liked:

The Chocolate Diaries is real. Including true stories of people who have gone through, and are going through, various trials and troubles on the journey of life. Written in a very open and honest way.

Includes recipes for various yummy sounding chocolate treats.

What I didn’t like:

In the midst of each chapter there is this little special section called “Sweet Secrets” and it kind of interrupts what you are reading, I wish that section would have just been at the end of the chapter, instead.

My conclusion:

This is a good book, I found myself enjoying it and being encouraged by it, more than I was expecting to.

I give The Chocolate Diaries 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from WaterBrook Press. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment