Monday, May 16, 2011

Review of I Am His

I Am His

Written by: Rita J. Platt
Published by: NavPress

My little nephew just turned one, and he has recently started saying a few words and, perhaps, actually knowing what they mean. “Dada” is one of those words… he loves his daddy and a lot of the time he doesn’t just say “dada”, he says “dada, ha ha”, as if bragging about how funny his daddy is. Whenever my nephew sees his daddy a big smile crosses his face. When Rita Platt mentions how “Abba” has a similar meaning to “daddy” I started thinking that perhaps it even has a similar meaning to “dada”, perhaps if we think of God as our “dada” we will find comfort in Him and we will feel we are truly His. I Am His is about finding that child to “dada” relationship, and knowing that we are God’s.

Who the book is for:

Women who need to feel their Heavenly Father’s love.

What I liked:

This book showed me how God is truly my father, and how he loves me and cares for me.

This book helps those of us who never had a special relationship with our earthly fathers to still enjoy a good father/daughter relationship with our Heavenly father.

This book uses some true stories of women to prove points and keep us interested.

What I didn’t like:

The chapters are really long.

Parts of the book are really boring.

My conclusion:

This is an okay book. It might make a good study for those who actually use it as one, I simply read it as a book.

I give I Am His 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from NavPress. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment