Monday, June 13, 2011

My Review of I Just Want You to Know

I Just Want You to Know

Written by: Kate Gosselin
Published by: Zondervan

I watched Jon & Kate Plus Eight here and there when I had the opportunity, and I sort of got to know the Gosselin family through it, and I admit I was never much of a fan of Kate… but I was interested enough to check this book out anyway.

Who the book is for:

Teens and adults, fans of Jon & Kate Plus Eight, parents - especially moms.

What I liked:

Kate shares her real life, she admits things that she did wrong and how she didn’t always handle each situation the best way possible. Despite the fact that I used to think Kate seemed like a grump and someone I would never like, I found myself seeing things through her eyes… I can’t imagine raising six children who are all the same age… imagine having six 2 year olds!

What I didn’t like:

I don’t know if this necessarily belongs by things I didn’t like about the book, but I find that books about large families always seem to exaggerate about how much they eat… in this book, for example, Kate mentions that their family would eat four boxes of cereal for breakfast! Really?! Cause my family is larger than her family, and we don’t even eat one box - perhaps the Gosselins are just big eaters?

My conclusion:

This is a good book that offered a look into the real life of Kate Gosselin, that I found myself enjoying. I give I Just Want You to Know 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Zondervan. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. Cool. I didn't even knew she wrote a book. BTW, our family of 17 might eat three boxes of cereal but it all depends on the size and how sweet it is.

    ReplyDelete