Friday, June 24, 2011

Review of Not a Fan

Not a Fan
Written by: Kyle Idleman
Published by: Zondervan

I am interested in books that call you to live a radical, different, kind of faith life… those that call you to actually live your life in a way different from those who don’t share your faith, and that’s what I thought this book would be about, and it is.

Who the book is for:

This book feels like it was written for teens, though I believe it is an adult book. I would recommend it to teens and young adults.

What I liked:

At the end of every (or most every, anyway) chapter there is a story of someone who is “not a fan”, I enjoyed these stories of believers who are totally committed to their faith.

What I didn’t like:

There are little jokes inserted here and there that sort of “interrupt” the book and make it hard to read, and most of them aren’t that funny, anyway.

My conclusion:

I actually found that the last chapter or two of this book were the most interesting, easy to read, chapters of the whole book.

I give Not a Fan 3 out of 5 stars.

I received an advanced reader copy of this book free to review from Zondervan. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment