Friday, June 17, 2011

Review of Shattered

Shattered

Written by: Melody Carlson
Published by: NavPress

I’ve long been a fan of Melody Carlson, and so I decided to read this book despite the fact that it is a book written for and about teens.

This book is about Cleo Neilson, a seventeen year old girl who sneaks off to a concert with her friend… the night she sneaks away something horrible happens… Cleo then must live with the guilt (and the secret) of what she did that night.

Who the book is for:

Teenagers, particularly girls. (Please note, there is drug content in this book, so mature readers only.)

What I liked:

This book kept me interested, I was anxious to find out how everything would turn out.

What I didn’t like:

While the book has a sad story I didn’t really feel like it “touched” me, I wasn’t really involved enough to feel Cleo’s pain as much as I felt I should have been able to.

My conclusion:

This was an interesting and unique work of fiction, but it wasn’t the greatest, and I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from NavPress. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment