Friday, July 8, 2011

My Review of The Blessing

The Blessing

Written by: John Trent, PH.D., Gary Smalley
Published by: Thomas Nelson

I am not a parent, but I chose to read this book, to see what it was all about and to, hopefully, learn some things that can be applied to my relationship with my nieces and nephew… little did I know that, not only can the message be applied to everyone I interact with, the message in this book is also for those of us who have not felt like we received “the blessing” as children.

Who the book is for:

Parents, especially, but anyone, truly.

What I liked:

Easy and enjoyable to read.

Shares realistically, how to give the blessing to people in your life.

I found it both interesting and eye opening how much physical touch actually can help a person, proven by numerous studies mentioned in this book.

At the end of various chapters throughout the book I was told to visit a page online that contained a video message related to that chapter and the upcoming chapters, I found these interesting and it made the whole book and message presented in it seem more real and personal.

Addresses our need to be blessed, as well as our need to bless others.

What I didn’t like:

I truly enjoyed this book and found it so full of helpful and encouraging information, and I can honestly say that there is nothing that I didn’t like about this book.

My conclusion:

The Blessing is a book that everyone should read and apply to their lives, to bless others and to be blessed themselves. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Thomas Nelson through their BookSneeze program. All opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment