Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Review of Courageous

Courageous

Written by Randy Alcorn, based on the screenplay Alex and Stephen Kendrick
Published by: Tyndale Fiction

I was not one of the many fans of the movie Fireproof, in fact I hated it… maybe I should write a review of why I didn’t like it. So why did I choose to read Courageous, since it is from the same people who came out with Fireproof? Because I saw a trailer of a movie about fathers and their relationships with their children and I thought it looked interesting, and when offered the chance to read the book I thought, why not.

Who the book is for:

You would think that this book would be for dads, but it can be enjoyed by any adult or teen, male or female.

What I liked:

Great story. Interesting read.

What I didn’t like:

The book has a little part in it about a girl in Heaven… which I found odd, fake, and a bit… I don’t know… wrong? Anyway, it struck me as weird and I didn’t like it.

All in all the book wasn’t as “touching” as I would have liked it to be.

My conclusion:

I don’t yet know if I will watch the Courageous movie when it comes out, afraid I might not think as highly of it as I did this book, but I do recommend this book.

I give Courageous 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Tyndale Fiction. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment