Friday, July 1, 2011

Review of The Lady of Bolton Hill

The Lady of Bolton Hill

Written by: Elizabeth Camden
Published by: Bethany House

I don’t usually especially like historical fiction, but lately I’ve been open to any fiction book, and so I chose to read The Lady of Bolton Hill. The cover of this book makes you think that it will be a gentle book about easy life, rather than a book about drugs and danger. I found the story a pleasant surprise.

Clara and Daniel were great friends until they were separated as teens, now they meet again and discover that each has feelings for the other… but Daniel has demons that he must face before they can be together. In the midst of everything they are facing Clara is kidnapped by a drug smuggler and then leads that man to a new life.

Who the book is for:

Adults and mature teens.

What I liked:

The second half of this book.

What I didn’t like:

The first half of this book was kind of slow.

My conclusion:

For some reason I was constantly distracted when reading this book, either by holding a sleeping toddler in my arms, comforting a baby, or trying to read in 90 degree heat, but I still was able to end up finishing the book and finding that I enjoyed it.

I give The Lady of Bolton Hill 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment