Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Review of The Muir House

The Muir House

Written by: Mary DeMuth
Published by: Zondervan

I thought the story of this book sounded like something that could be interesting, something that I could enjoy.

Willa Muir is searching for home, searching for memories from her childhood that she has always been missing.

Who the book is for:

Fiction lovers, especially women.

What I liked:

The chapters are short, which is something that I like.

What I didn’t like:

I had trouble getting into this book and staying into it when I was reading. It took me much longer to read this book than it takes me to read the typical fiction book. Something about this book was just off for me.

I found it odd that Willa could know that she didn’t have memories from one certain year of her life as a child… I have random memories of my childhood, from various years, I don’t have memories of every year of my life growing up.

My conclusion:

I admit, I am not a big fan of this book. The story was slow and hard to get into, there were parts that were unbelievable… I give The Muir House 2 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Zondervan. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment