Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Roadside Assistance

Written by: Amy Clipston
Published by: Zondervan

Emily Claire Curtis is a car loving teenage girl with the weight of the world on her shoulders. She lost her mom just months ago, and now is “forced” to move (along with her dad) into her rich aunt and uncle’s house - no longer having a garage of her own to work in whenever she wants. Emily struggles with her faith, and with her relationships with her relatives and friends.

Who the book is for:

As an adult I found I enjoyed this book, though I think teens (the target audience) would enjoy it more.

What I liked:

I liked that Emily had a unique hobby, fixing cars.

This book kept me interested.

What I didn’t like:

The parts of the book where Emily wrote in her journal to her mom were a bit boring and repetitious of what had already been said in the book.

My conclusion:

This is a good book, I enjoyed reading it.

I give Roadside Assistance 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Zondervan. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment