Friday, November 11, 2011

My Review of A Whisper of Peace

A Whisper of Peace

Written by: Kim Vogel Sawyer
Published by: Bethany House

This book is the story of two troubled women, and a anxious missionary, who all are living in Alaska in the late 1800’s.

Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy historical fiction, specifically women.

What I liked:

The basics of the story were good, would have been a good read if it had been written better.

The messages were all positive and applicable to me.

What I didn’t like:

The book was kind of boring and hard to read.

I was not “touched” by this book at all, though I felt that I should have been, based on the story.

My conclusion:

This is an okay book. If you really enjoy historical fiction, you may enjoy it more than I did.

I give A Whisper of Peace 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment