Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Review of Cliques, Hicks, and Ugly Sticks

Cliques, Hicks, and Ugly Sticks

Written by: K.D. McCrite
Published by: Thomas Nelson

I chose to read this book, despite the fact that it was written for children, just because it sounded like an interesting story to read.

This is the story of an eleven year old girl whose life is filled with little bits of craziness… such as a Grandma with multiple boyfriends, a good friend turned snobby, and a pregnant mother.

Who the book is for:

I don’t really know what age would enjoy this book the most… I don’t think kids who are in the same age group as the girl the book is about would have the attention span to read the book, but I don’t think those who are older than that (teens and adults) would enjoy it either.

What I liked:

The cover is cool

What I didn’t like:

Boring… I found it really hard to finish reading this book.

My conclusion:

This is a blah book.

I give Cliques, Hicks, and Ugly Sticks 2 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment