Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Review of Lead For God's Sake

Lead for God’s Sake!

Written by: Todd G. Gongwer
Published by: Tyndale

I chose to read this book thinking it was a non-fiction book on leadership, I found that it is actually fiction book on basketball… and leadership.

Who the book is for:

This book seems like it was written especially for men, perhaps they would enjoy it more than I did. Fans of basketball would probably enjoy this book.

What I liked:

It was fiction, yet it had a message, I found that kind of nice.

What I didn’t like:

The book was too focused on basketball, so it started to bore me.

Okay, this may sound weird… but I don’t appreciate how the title of this book is - in a way - taking God’s name in vane. I just think that it was used to draw attention to this book, which seems really unprofessional and kind of stupid. In the book multiple times, curses are used.

My conclusion:

Lead for God’s Sake is a so so book. Nothing too horrible about it - other than the title - but also nothing great about it.

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Tyndale. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment