Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Review of Mercy Come Morning


Written by: Lisa Tawn Bergren
Published by: WaterBrook

This is a story about a woman who has never felt her mother was all she longed for. Neglected as a child by a mother who developed a case of Alzheimer’s when her daughter was just a teen, Krista must now face the fact that her mother is dying. Throw in an old boyfriend and you have a pretty good plot for a novel.

Who the book is for:

Those who have hard relationships with their parents, those dealing with someone who has Alzheimer’s.

What I liked:

Parts of this story were interesting and enjoyable to read…

What I didn’t like:

…While other parts were a bit boring.

I felt like I should have known more about the characters than I did.

My conclusion:

I feel like this book had a good plot that could have made for an interesting (and touching) read, but it wasn’t written the best.

I give Mercy Come Morning 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

Mercy Come Morning: A Novel

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting book. Great honest review. Hugs and have a great weekend! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read several of Lisa Bergren's books and have enjoyed each one. Mercy Come Morning appealed to me on many different areas. Lisa did a great job at bring the struggles that many families face when dealing with Alzheimer's. As a southern girl who loves to travel and learn about different cultures, there is descriptions of New Mexico (I have never been but hope to go one day) and its unique culture to help me "see" the place. I also love that God and His sovereign will is evident throughout the book. I always appreciate an author who is willing to write about real life situations and weave God into the story.

    ReplyDelete