Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Review of Beware of Christians

From: Provident Films

I was excited to watch Beware of Christians because it was about a group of guys who ‘supposedly’ decide to turn their “religion” into more of a Jesus lifestyle… in Europe. I know we all need to live more like Jesus lived, and I was hoping to get advice and inspiration on the subject.


Who it is for:

Teens through adults, though I think teens would enjoy it the most.

Some talk of sex, drinking, nude beaches, etc.. Guys without shirts, bikinis on women, etc.. may make it inappropriate for children.

Quality of the movie:

The quality of this movie was actual quite good, though I think it was recorded by the four men who it is all about.

What I liked:

The parts where they talked about materialism really inspired me, and got me thinking of how I need to change in that area.

It was interesting to hear the beliefs that some of the people in Europe have about various topics, and to hear about the beliefs of the four guys who made this movie, as well.

What I didn’t like:

A lot of the movie was just some college guys having fun on a trip, when I first started watching it was hard to even want to keep watching, thinking I wasn’t going to “get” anything from this.

I thought the movie would be more about the guys living out their faith, but aside from mentioning that they helped out the homeless for a bit, it was mostly just the guys interviewing people on what they thought of Christianity, etc..

My Conclusion:

This movie wasn’t all I thought it would be, but it was kind of interesting.

I give Beware of Christians 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this dvd from Provident Films free to review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment