Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Review of Courageous (the movie)


From: Sherwood Pictures, Provident Films, Affirm Films, TriStar, and Sony Pictures

I must admit, I wasn’t a fan of any of the Sherwood Picture films before I watched Courageous. While I thought Fireproof was a well made movie, I disagreed with most of the “morals” preached in the movie - okay, that sounds weird, but I am not going to type out all my thoughts on that subject right here and now, so that will have to do.

I chose to watch Courageous for two reasons:

A. I read the book and found it quite good.
B. I received a free copy to review (that is also why I chose to read the book.)



Who it is for:

While this movie was made specifically for dads, I think it can be entertaining and uplifting to others as well.

I didn’t find the content too violent or mature, so I think that this movie should be appropriate for anyone over the age of 10 - when watched with a parent or other adult who would be willing to answer any questions they may have.

Quality of the movie:

I found that the quality of this movie and the acting were quite good. I especially thought the acting of the gang members was quite realistic.

What I liked:

This movie shares the gospel message, along with other “biblical” messages in a quality film - while some would still call this “preachy”, I think it will have a greater influence than lower quality Christian films.

This movie definitely qualified as "family friendly" to me.

The story was interesting and easy to follow.

This movie doesn’t have anything big that I disagree with, like Fireproof did…

What I didn’t like:

…However, I didn’t agree with everything completely (but when do I ever agree with everything on a movie completely?)

My Conclusion:

This was actually a pretty good movie, for which I am happy.

I give Courageous 4 out of 5 stars.

I received a screener copy of this dvd from Provident Films, free to review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment