Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Review of The Mighty Macs

I received this movie to review, and that is why I chose to watch it… I don’t know that I would have otherwise chosen to watch a sports movie about nuns.

The Mighty Macs shares the story of a woman who, for some reason she fails to share with us in the film, has decided that she really wants to coach basketball. She coaches a team of girls at a Catholic college full of nuns, and leads them to be national champs.


Who it is for:

This movie would be especially enjoyable for basketball fans, I am guessing.

This movie is appropriate for all ages.

Quality of the movie:

I was really impressed with the quality of the movie overall, and especially with the quality of the acting.

What I liked:

This was an inspiring film, based on a true story. I especially enjoyed reading about what had become of the real life women portrayed in the movie, at the end of the film.

This was a well made film.

What I didn’t like:

I felt like this story didn’t have enough “heart” to it. I can enjoy a sports movie, on occasion, if they have something more to them than sports… while I felt this movie was tried to tell more of a story than it did, I don’t think it took the time it should have to share that story.

My Conclusion:

The Mighty Macs was an okay movie to watch, once, I don’t think I will be watching it again.

I give this movie 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this dvd from Provident Films free to review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment