Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Review of October Baby Movie

From American Family Studios in association with Provident Films

I’ve always been prolife, and I grew up helping out with various prolife causes, and I was interested to watch a movie on the topic.


October Baby is a story of a girl who finds out her mother tried to abort her, a girl who has physical and psychological problems because of that fact, a girl who goes on to forgive all those who have hurt her.

Who it is for:

Those who enjoy a touching movie about family.

I would say this movie is “safe” for kids in their preteens-teens to watch, perhaps with an adult watching with them if they are younger - because of a bit of talk about abortion, and in a vague way, sex.

Quality of the movie:

The acting and overall quality of this movie were very good.

What I liked:

The story was emotional and easy to get into.

I found that this movie presented a unique twist on the prolife message, different from other prolife movies out there.

What I didn’t like:

There was one random scene where the girl mentioned that she was a virgin and acted like it was a bad thing, I found this unnecessary and just out of place.

My Conclusion:

This was a pretty good movie. If it weren’t for my one negative I would give it five out of five stars, but instead…

… I give October Baby 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this dvd screener from Provident Films free to review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment