Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Review of 101 Bible Adventures

Written by: Carolyn Larsen
Published by: Tyndale Kids

The Bible is an important book, a very important book. That’s why I think it is important that children read it. But sometimes the “real” Bible can be a bit hard for young people to grasp. 101 Bible Adventures is a child friendly version of the Bible.

Who the book is for:

My recommendation would be for ages 7 to 10. (Perhaps some younger children would be able to understand it as well, and perhaps some older than ten would be able to grow from it, too.)

What I liked:

This is a simplified Bible that still holds true to the “real” Bible.

I love that this contains over a hundred stories, so it covers more than your average children’s Bible story book.

Includes a key verse with each reading, as well as a little devotional-ish part, too.

What I didn’t like:

I would have liked this book to have colorful pictures in it, rather than the simple black and white comic like drawings.

The cover of this book, and the name, make it feel like it is just for boys, not girls.

My conclusion:

This is a good Bible book for children.

I give 101 Bible Adventures 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Tyndale. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


No comments:

Post a Comment