Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Review of Beyond Molasses Creek

Written by: Nicole Seitz
Published by: Thomas Nelson

Beyond Molasses Creek sounded very interesting to me when I first read about it, but somehow I didn’t know that it was about a woman in her sixties. The beginning was hard to get into, but I stuck with it and ended up thinking it was actually pretty good.

This is the story of Ally Green, who returns to her childhood home when her father dies. She must now face a friend from her past, and her urge to keep running from the past. In the end Ally must let go of certain people from her past, and cling to the people who will now be a part of her future.

Who the book is for:

Women (especially older women), outcasts, etc..

What I liked:

The story was really unique, quite different from other books that I have read.

There was a pretty strong anti-racism, anti-prejudice message in this book.

The second half of the book was interesting, especially the last few chapters.

What I didn’t like:

The first one hundred or so pages I had a hard time getting into the book. I was tempted, even, to put it down without finishing it. I’m glad I decided to finish reading, but wish I would have enjoyed the beginning more.

My conclusion:

This ended up being a pretty good book.

I give Beyond Molasses Creek 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


No comments:

Post a Comment