Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Review of The Crossing

Written by: Serita Jakes (who happens to be the wife of Bishop T.D. Jakes)
Published by: Waterbrook Press

The Crossing sounded like it would have a good, interesting, story, and it did.

This is a book about adults who are haunted - in one way or another - by a tragic event that happened in their past. Now these adults are uncovering secrets, and facing facts. (That is my short summary of the book, if you want a better summary, read about the book somewhere else.)

Who the book is for:

I would recommend this book for adults only. My teenage sister has been reading my books after I am done with them lately, but I don’t think I will pass this book onto her. Some of the content covered includes abuse, miscarriages, affairs, murder, and suicides.

What I liked:

The story kept me interested. The book was pretty intense, and kept me guessing to the very end.

What I didn’t like:

Nothing.

My conclusion:

The Crossing is a pretty good read.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Waterbrook. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


No comments:

Post a Comment