Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Review of Stand By Me

Written by: Neta Jackson
Published by: Thomas Nelson

I really liked Neta Jackson’s Trailblazer series when I was a kid, but I had never read any of her adult books before picking up Stand By Me.

This book focuses, mainly, on two women. An older woman, Avis, who is married and has three daughters, and a younger woman, Kat, who is a college student. Each of these women faces various family troubles, and finds help through the other.

Who the book is for:

Women.

What I liked:

Parts of the story were good, parts seemed like they could have been really good.

What I didn’t like:

This book was quite boring and kind of poorly written.

I didn’t feel like I could identify with either of the main characters, and they both actually got on my nerves. Both were kind of spoiled brats and quite snobby, and neither of them really changed from that throughout the book.

My conclusion:

I’ve found, if all her adult books are like this one, that Neta Jackson was much better at writing children’s books than she is at writing adult ones.

I give Stand By Me 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


No comments:

Post a Comment