Thursday, April 26, 2012

My writing and learning to trust...

I am a writer. (Well duh, you say, you have a blog.)

I am an "aspiring author".

A couple months back I finished my first full length novella (totaling somewhere around 36,000 words.)

I sent the novel to the first applicable publishing house I found (one that accepts books from "nobodies" like myself.)

The book got refused within days.

I then sent the book to another publishing house (this one sounding better overall.)

I was refused within a month.

I don't know if there is a problem with my story overall, if the word count is bad (i.e. too short), if my writing just plain stinks, or if I just need to keep persisting...

I am trying to trust that God is in control. This book will (eventually) get published, if God wants it to.

While I feel this story has a lot to offer people... while I hope that I can change lives through my book... God knows whether it is meant to be, or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment